One of my favorite improv warm-up games is 8 things. It’s a great way to get you “out of your head” and thinking acting creatively, yet adherent to a theme. I’m still incredibly overwhelmed with the possibilities sparked in my imagination by Trent’s post about multiple income streams on the Simple Dollar yesterday, that I’m going to do my own little 8 things exercise, dedicated to Trent.
JOHN, name 8 things you can do to generate more income beyond your day job:
- Start a more focused niche blog about food and cooking.
- Start a more focused niche blog about frugality and material detachment.
- Start a more focused niche blog about Jewish learning and Jewish community issues.
- Start a personal chef business.
- Create an information product about cheap, quick, and easy home cooking that I can market online with minimal follow-on work.
- Create a non-fiction book about divorce survival strategies for single dads that I can market online with minimal follow-on work.
- Take in freelance writing work via Craigslist and Elance.
- Create an information product about resume writing, job hunting, and interview skills that I can (you guessed it) market online with minimal follow-on work.
There. That wasn’t so hard.
Now it’s your turn.
BLOG READER, name 8 things you look for when you decide whether to add a blog to your RSS feed.